Rural & Urban Community Health And Awareness
Overview: Medical Facilities for Poor :
Urban Medical Programs:
In certain serious cases the patient is brought from the remote villages of Sundarban to Kolkata for the purpose of treatment. One such case is that of Gosaba girl Dipali. She could not walk properly on both feet and on top of that the veins in her eyes were drying up. She was brought to Kolkata and adequate treatment was given to her. Now she can walk with ease with the help of custom made medical shoes from well-known medical appliance manufacturers in Kolkata. Prolonged eye treatment has given her great benefit. She can see much better now. Her eyes have been saved. There are many such people like Dipali who have been receiving such help from the Mission free of charge. The mission in collaboration with the Nihar Munshi Eye foundation provides various eye treatment facilities and operations to the less privileged.
Additional Rural Health Care Projects
- Village Eye Camps serve 70-80 people per month Offer free eye testing, eye care education Refer for advanced eye care, cataract surgeries Patients sent to Nihar Munsi Eye Foundation for free cataract microsurgery
- Health Education Awareness Workshops target topics for women and adolescent girls according to identified local needs Provide workshops on: Control of water borne diseases, family planning Arsenic toxicity awareness Polio prevention and education
- Blood Group Determination Camp: Ignorance about correct blood group causes severe medical complications Camp designed to avoid wrong blood administration, damage, and premature death Serves remote villages in West Bengal Conducts Blood Group Determination Camps to address problem, raise awareness.
- Health Workers, Volunteers Provide Health Monitoring, Training: In-house visitation program for pregnant and new mothers Monitor and care for health issues.
- Provide education on infant care assesses and makes referrals for early treatment Educate on child development, health issues and disabilities Workshops on mother-child care
Direction To Reach Lokenath Divine Life Mission And Baba Lokenath Temple, Kolkata, India
Come to Kasba Acropolis Mall, take Rickshaw or walk 10 minutes to Garden High School, 100 meters from there is 47B Bus Terminus. Right on the Terminus and the first left to the Ashram which is about 200 meters from there.